Free Midas Bronze!!!

We all like a bargain now and again, so if you have anything kicking around that you don't want, this is the place to be. Find yourself a freebie in here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Free Midas Bronze!!!

Postby johnonthetyne » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 pm

im defo interested in the bodyshell,can you tell me would all the fibreglass n filler take much removing to get front back to origonal spec?
johnonthetyne

Postby manifold » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:41 pm

John,

Why not team up with Alan D with a Brabins style flip front....make a mould then it should be a doddle (and easy to service too).

Make a flimsy mould off the back end and you will make it back to originalish.....only better!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby skylinegts33t » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:51 pm

The front would not take much to sort back to normal. The headlight dips (square mount sunk down in the wing) are still there, one has some damage to it as the person before me tryed to fit pop up lights and made a right hash of it. The grille is only a light moulding so would come back out with no fight, The sidelights and indicators the same. The one area which will take some work is the bumper areas, these got done done by a fibreglass engineer and are now moulded rather than bolt on so i guess they will make you sweat a little but not impossable. It all depends on YOU. are you any good at bodywork or are you a (excuse the pun no offence meant, but a weekend warrior).
skylinegts33t

Postby johnonthetyne » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

heres a pic of my old midas, sadly i sold it but do regret it, am sure al be able to sort out the front with no problem, can you give me an idea what will be left on the body and how heavy it would be? i can get a loan of a small truck that it would fit on but the beds about 4 foot from ground so if its too heavy to lift by hand there may be a problem.
cheers johnb.
johnonthetyne

Postby Alan D. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi John

If you can get it back to Tyneside, I will enlist a few helpers to get it off the lorry. Three of us lifted a bodyshell into the back of a van, but it is really a four man job. I'm about to start a Brabbins front on my spare shell, so one more will not be a problem. Must keep the marque alive! Does the car have documents?

Alan
Alan D.

Postby johnonthetyne » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:12 pm

i alan,sorry to hear your sad news. the midas does have v5 so no worries there,have you had alook at pics on old midas site?
johnonthetyne

Postby bronze1380 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Is the free midas still going? Can arrange to have it collected asap
If in doubt...
Flat out
bronze1380

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm

jon on the tyne your old midas is beautiful have you any ideas on getting such a shine out of the gel coat mine has got light scratches that t cut is struggling to remove
b1zbaz

Postby Stuart » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:04 pm

b1zbaz wrote:jon on the tyne your old midas is beautiful have you any ideas on getting such a shine out of the gel coat mine has got light scratches that t cut is struggling to remove

It was painted Baz
Stuart

Previous

Return to Freebies