Front and rear subframes

We all like a bargain now and again, so if you have anything kicking around that you don't want, this is the place to be. Find yourself a freebie in here!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Front and rear subframes

Postby manifold » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Now I have Ti front and rear subframes/assemblies I wont be needing these...but I am loath to send it to the scrap man without offering them to someone here first.... Will be scrapped in 4 weeks.

Front subframe, bare. Needs a little attention where it has a couple of nicks where I cut some parts off with angle iron, although very sound. Top and bottom arms also available although dismantled.

Rear subframe assembly including recently refurbished radius arm bushes. (no brakes). Still has hydrogas towers. Was powder coated red, although flaking off now. Very sound.

Both need cleaning.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Front and rear subframes

Postby Stuart » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:48 am

Hi David, have you got any photos of the Ti front subframe?
Stuart

Postby manifold » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi Stuart,

Sorry its not Ti on front. All the arms etc are, just not the main subframe structure.

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby bwd1958 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi David do you still have the subframes?
Cheers Bruce.
bwd1958

Postby manifold » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Bruce,

I think Alan expressed an interest in the Front subframe for one of his projects.

The rear one is available though. I dont think he wants that.

Would be glad to let it go. Its complete with arms.

Kind regards,

David.

manifold

Postby bwd1958 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi David that would be great! but now the bad news I live near Aberdeen any idea how I would get it here,
how much do you think a courier would charge to ship it up.

Thanks again

Bruce.
bwd1958

Postby Alan D. » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Hello David and Bruce,

I will be going to Davids in February to collect the front subframe. I could collect the rear subframe as well and bring it back to Newcastle upon Tyne with me, so it will be a little further north, if that helps! But a carrier may be quicker if you need it in a hurry. My Father died this week and the funeral is tomorrow. When life returns to normality I will start Midas production again. Been putting a rear subframe in the Domino Pimlico, next job is to convert the Pimlico from drums to discs, then I can evict it from the my garage to my Brother in laws garage!

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby bwd1958 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi Alan
Sorry to here about your Father this must be a difficult time for you. Thank you for the offer to pick up the rear subframe that would be most appreciated,
As I am not in a hurry any time in Febuary would be fine at least it gets it further North. Once you have it let me know and I will try and arrange shipping.

Cheers
Bruce.
bwd1958

Return to Freebies