Greetings from Sweden

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Greetings from Sweden

Postby minisweden » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:52 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Ola Hallstrom, Living in Sweden.
I am the proud owner of a Midas Gold Coupe that I bought last summer.
So far I have not been able to find time to get it registered in Sweden, but some of the paperwork is done.
The car needs a bit of attention before it´s ready, a small oil-leak from a driveshaft and a ticking noise that I can´t track down. My guess is that it´s something to do with the valve gear. Anyway, now that the spring is here with better weather, I am sure to start working on it again. This is as far as I know the second Midas Gold in Sweden, the other belonging to a very good friend of mine.

Hope that you will not get tired of me asking questions as I get along with the work.

Cheers/Ola
minisweden

Re: Greetings from Sweden

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Welcome to the club Ola. The Gold coupe is still a stunner to look at, not bad for a 24 year old design. It should not be too difficult to sort the mechanical problems. Have fun with it and of course we will answer your questions. Greetings to Olof.
Hans Efde

Postby Stuart » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Welcome to the forum Ola :)

Stuart
Stuart

Postby Rich » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Welcome aboard Ola!

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby Alan D. » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Welcome Ola,

If you check your car I think that you have some of my redesigned rear stub axles, which I did in conjunction with Stuart. Let me know if they stand the test of time!

Happy Midasing

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby M.Ouvinen » Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 am

Welcome aboard. This means we have at least two Midases/Midai in Scandinavia.

Matti Ouvinen, Helsinki, Finland. (Proud owner of Finland's first Midas.)
M.Ouvinen

Postby minisweden » Tue May 19, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Matti, well three actually. Two in Sweden only a few miles apart ond yours then :D
I have Still not found time to get mine on the road,been driving it on the Q-plates a bit, but the police are not too happy if I continue.
So, hopefully his summer I will get the Swedish plates. The other Midas belongs to a very good friend of mine, Olof. He has some articles out in magazines regarding his Midas: http://www.automobil.se/zino.aspx?articleID=10784

Cheers/Ola
minisweden

Postby manifold » Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 pm

its great to see the midas advertised in mags across the world :P
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby M.Ouvinen » Sun May 24, 2009 2:55 pm

I was lucky to get mine registered here in Finland. My friend who brought the car to the country says that it helps if the british registration papers have the car marked totally as Midas. (Meaning that there is no mention of Mini or Metro in them.) Also, the older they are, the less regulations there are to fulfill.

The only thing that they found in my car was the non functioning steering lock, but the inspector forgot to mark it down in the papers. ;)
M.Ouvinen

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself