Racing Midas

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Racing Midas

Postby markhope39 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi all!
I last had a Midas Mk3 Gold back in 1985 (i think it was) I bought the kit from Harold and ran the car for a couple of years. Jonspeed did most of the mechanical for me and fitted a 1293 stage 3 engine. Thanks Jon. I seem to remember the registration as Q660 GRW but that was 25 years ago. :D
So now I'm going to buy another one and make a race car from it. Reading all of the posts on engine conversions, bike engined FWD is the way i'll go. The weight saving alone makes a great case. I'm bored with saloon car racing and i've hankered for a Midas for the last 3 years. So here we go
And I hope to meet members of the club over the summer!

Cheers

Mark
markhope39

Re: Racing Midas

Postby manifold » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Welcome to the forum Mark.

Look forward to seeing a bike engined Midas. I have had a hankering for an R1 front wheel drive one for a while. I reckon it would be great in a Mk3. Promotive do a nice conversion for the mini and I bet a metro subframed one wouldnt be any more harder to sort out and will surely fit under a standard bonnet too.

KAD did a fwd on a mini. Its up on the 16v mini forum. The engineering is pretty great, looking at the photos.

All the best,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself