take me for a spin

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

take me for a spin

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:36 pm

does anybody live near manc and fancy taking me for a quick spin in their midas as i need a bit of a kick up the arse to get my gold finished
b1zbaz

Re: take me for a spin

Postby max midas » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:15 pm

I would do, but am about 200 miles away.
If it's encouragement you need, then I'm your man.
My Midas was off the road for years following a big end problem. I rebuilt the engine a year ago, but kept having one unrelated problem after another. I'd leave it for a while till I had the courage to face the potential disapointment again, then try and get her on the road once more. It was so dispiriting, if it wasn't for me losing the garage she's stored in, I'm sure she'd still be on the floor in bits.
Well I can happily report that she's now running beautifully; smooth idle, perky round town, no engine grumbles at all; and with a bit of a clean, she's not showing her age too much either.
Keep at it, it's worth the slog.
I find myself taking the long route to get to my destinations now, just so I can drive a bit more. And the grin is from ear to ear. :D
It's worth the effort, you'll be proud of your Midas and of yourself.
max midas

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 pm

thank u for that i do feel a bit beeter now im struggling to get the rubber fuel pipe for the filler neck which is really annoying me as i have looked everywhere and i only need 12 inches of it and i can get the tank back on and it can be started again i made some new brackets for the brake hoses to be fixed to its just little bits now but struggling to get motivated and being clueless does not help
b1zbaz

Postby manifold » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 pm

yes that hose is a pain to get hold of.

I got some from a trawlers supplier as i am near fleetwood.....used to fill the fuel tanks in a trawler.

get some with a thinner wall. its easier to bend then.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:06 am

Is there not a silicone option that would do the job?
Rich

Postby Geoff Butcher » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:08 pm

Europa have something called Superflex aircraft hose, which I think is what I got when I fitted an MGF filler. It's thin walled so it's much easier to install than the usual thick rubber stuff. Hence the name, I suppose...
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 pm

i will look into that thank you
b1zbaz

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself