Hello

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Hello

Postby AndyBeeson » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi,
Welcome, I`m new here myself too.
Hope you get a Gold soon.
The DVLA would be able to tell you what you`d need to do to re register a car in th UK.
In case you fall asleep again in front of the computer (hands up all those who have) as long as you don`t click submit or next, you can highlight the text on the screen like in a word processor with the mouse and then right click over the highlighted text and select copy from the menu then the text will be saved in the clipboard on your computer. All you have to do is log back into the site and start your post again and just right click over the reply window and select paste. Simples! Unless you have a Mac then try not to fall asleep. Seriously I think you should be able to do a similar thing with a Mac and of course in Linux too.
Take care.
Andrew.
AndyBeeson

Postby DavidL » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm

AndyBeeson wrote:Hi,
Welcome, I`m new here myself too.
Hope you get a Gold soon.
The DVLA would be able to tell you what you`d need to do to re register a car in th UK.
In case you fall asleep again in front of the computer (hands up all those who have) as long as you don`t click submit or next, you can highlight the text on the screen like in a word processor with the mouse and then right click over the highlighted text and select copy from the menu then the text will be saved in the clipboard on your computer. All you have to do is log back into the site and start your post again and just right click over the reply window and select paste. Simples! Unless you have a Mac then try not to fall asleep. Seriously I think you should be able to do a similar thing with a Mac and of course in Linux too.
Take care.
Andrew.

I realise that, but it relies on you being AWARE that you nodded off and woke up again. I think I may have been keyboard fumbling before fully waking up, it wouldn't be the first time.

I may come to regret the phrase "keyboard fumbling"...
DavidL

Postby bronze1380 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Welcome to the club.
If it was registered in the UK then it is easier to re-register than if its coming into the country for the first time.
It is just a thick form from dvla and the logbook from the original country, send the lot to dvla and yeah presto(ish) your done.
If in doubt...
Flat out
bronze1380

Previous

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself