Hi everyone

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hi everyone

Postby Lawson » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Hello everyone.

I have been admiring Midas Cars since I was a student in the 1980's and now I've just discovered this forum. I'm now a bit older and have a bit more cash to indulge myself so I'm thinking of buying a Bronze based on Mini mechanicals if I can find one at the right price. I currently run a Fiat X19 at the weekends but would like a new challenge. I'm involved in the composites industry so GRP damage and faded gelcoat does not bother me.

Lawson
Lawson

Re: Hi everyone

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Hello Lawson, I'm fairly new here myself, despite actually having had a Bronze back in the 80s/90s. There seem to have been a few Bronzes in search of new owners recently, so hopefully you won't have too much trouble finding what you're after. I'm looking for a Gold (Mk 3) Coupe myself, I ran my Bronze for about 9 years but the Gold now ticks more boxes for me. I'm fairly certain you'll find what you're after before I do!
DavidL

Postby Rich » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:02 am

Welcome to the forum!
Rich

Postby manifold » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Lawson,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for here. Plenty of help and advice too!

Any tips and tricks you have on GRP repairs might be useful to some on here.

All the best,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Stuart » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 am

Welcome to the forum Lawson, I wonder what your job is in the composites industry?

I'll have a MK 2 for sale shortly once I've done a couple of small jobs and MOT'd it
Attachments
Mk2 001.jpg
Mk2 001.jpg (67.34 KiB) Viewed 4622 times
Stuart

Postby Lawson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 am

Hi Stuart,

Nice looking car and obviously a runner. I'm in Northern Ireland so getting a non runner back home adds to the price. Better if I can drive whatever I buy home.

My job in composites - small family run business working generally for the pharmecutical and aerospace industries, designing and manufacturing large pieces of production plant and equipment which use composites for their corrosion resistant properties in areas where stainless steel etc would only last for a few weeks. We do get involved a bit in boats and other toys but its the big stuff that pays the wages and keeps the firm going.

Let me know when you get the car MOT'd.

Lawson.
Lawson

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself