Greetings and Salutations!

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Greetings and Salutations!

Postby MrBounce » Tue May 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi Guys and Girls :)

I am a Mini and Midas enthusiast from Ipswich and have finally been given the go ahead by Mrs Bounce for a project car.

I am on the lookout for a Midas Mk2 (or Mk1 for that matter) as an ongoing concern. It doesn't matter if it's running or not as I intend to strip it down and get stuck in anyway. The plan (maybe, if funds allow!) is to fit it with fuel injection and an aftermarket ECU such as Canems or Emerald and do away with the carb and that pesky distributor!

I have not had a Mini (or a garage) for a fair few years but I thought I would include a pic of my old Mini, a 1985 Mayfair which I sold in 2004 - it had a 1303cc lump (+30 thou - an odd size I know!) with Kent 266cam, MED Road/Comp head and full Manifolw system. S discs, half leather interior, central locking and handmade dashboard. I miss that car!

If anyone knows of a Midas Mk1 or 2 project (Must have the V5 docs so no SVA required!) for up to £400 I would be most grateful if you could drop me a line!
MrBounce

Re: Greetings and Salutations!

Postby Stuart » Tue May 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Welcome to the forum :)

Good luck with your search for a car, there have been loads of MK2's on ebay recently, you might have to up your budget a bit though.
Stuart

Postby manifold » Tue May 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find a cheap one. Getting rarer to find these days but good luck! You never know what you might find in the back of someones garden! ;)

I used to have a 1303 too. +.30 thou " oversize. It was mated to my first 16 valve KAD engine though LOL.

A right royal pain getting replacement rings for it as it is a size they dont make any more.

Getting nearer to the 200 members on the forum now!

All the best, David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Geoff Butcher » Tue May 17, 2011 8:02 pm

And a welcome from sunny Essex!
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Rich » Tue May 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Rich

Postby Luckyun » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 pm