Long Time Midas Owner + Son says Hello! :)

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Long Time Midas Owner + Son says Hello! :)

Postby Dewsnap Mk1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just thought that Id say hello! Found a link from TMF which im on, and thought Id join! Abit about us :) :

My Dads Mk1 reached its 30th birthday this February, with my Dad having owned it for 28 of them, with many mechanical rebuilds within its time, and I have grew up working on it. Over the past 4 years we have carried out a full resto on my 90' Mini and now that ive been driving it a while, its time to make plans for the Midas. Think my Dad is no 10 in the Owners Club!!

What do you think??
Originally in gelcoat red, after less than a year of being registered, was pro-painted 2K Black, we believe it to be the first Midas in this colour! Over they years however, the paint has reacted with the gelcoat, living a pimpled orange peel effect, but body and mechanical wise its sound, still with original huntmaster seats after a luck find at Bingley last christmas, to replace the tired ones. It still runs Wolfie Slotmags, and has not changed in Aesthetics over the past 28 years. As a "temporary" measure, we've swapped over engines, so that I can benefit from the hot 1293, as the Min is used everyday :lol:

Sadly my Mum this year has been battling illness, so our attention has been firmly away from the cars. I pray that her treatment will work, and she will recover soon, and as I have just finished my A-levels, Im now planning the light resto/external respray of my Dads Mk1, which will happen when my Mum is better, and hopefully cheer both of them up.
Im going to try and keep it a secret from them, so may need to ask stupid/daft questions along the way, but with close contact with the bodyshop that sprayed the Mini, hopefully it'll turn out great :)

ATB

Sam
Last edited by Dewsnap Mk1 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dewsnap Mk1

Re: Long Time Midas Owner + Son says Hello! :)

Postby Rich » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Rich

Re: Long Time Midas Owner + Son says Hello! :)

Postby manifold » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Hello Sam,

Welcome to the forum! Please ask any questions you want theres a wealth of information amongst these pages.

I hope your mum gets well soon! It will be a nice cheeky surprise for them I am sure.

All the best,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself