Picking a Bronze up tomorrow

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Picking a Bronze up tomorrow

Postby mikeeskriett » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi,

There's not too much required to make them fit, mainly a little cutting of waste metal. On both runners drill out the rivets holding the angle bracket at the back and the spoons on the front then cut the seam weld at the side of the runner holding the remainder of the angle bracket on. Remove the angle brackets at the back and spoons at the front and depending on the size of the rivet holes enlarge them for the new mounting bolts or use bolts that will fit. To get a bit more height off the seat you should be able remove the cross bar tube under the seat base that keeps both runners in line.

cheers,

Mike
mikeeskriett

Postby Stairheedrammy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Cheers for that Mike- that gives me another option- now I need to figure out which colour and material I would prefer
Stairheedrammy

Postby Stairheedrammy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Finally picked the car up- there is a plaque where the rear view mirror sits saying AC Rattray Midas Owners Club 0041- do you recognise it? Reg is Q693WFS
Stairheedrammy

Postby DavidL » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Stairheedrammy wrote:Finally picked the car up- there is a plaque where the rear view mirror sits saying AC Rattray Midas Owners Club 0041- do you recognise it? Reg is Q693WFS

It's not a name or a registration number I remember, but it's reminded me that I once had a similar plaque, back in my previous Midas life. Can't remember my original number though, but I think it was somewhere around the 200 mark.
DavidL

Previous

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself