Kevin in Sheffield

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Kevin in Sheffield

Postby daweschevron » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Hello, I have a MK1 in black which is close to going back on the road, just laying up a new bonnet from the repaired old one and some repairs to the front. I bought the car in Wales during the summer and brought it to Sheffield. I could really do with some discs if any one has some for sale as the drums are not up to stopping it. I also have a White MK 3 which was accident damaged at the front, who had it before me? it has a distinctive orange band painted on the nose, I think I have seen photos on Hans site but some history would be nice. I will SVA it with a single cam K series, I have fitted the engine and hydrogas suspension but would be interested to see how others have overcome this little problem. The car needs doors, hatch, front and rear bumpers so any one with with spares would be nice to know. I have had scimitars for many years (still have) but these little car always appealed to me, and the quality of the GRP is so good especially considering the age of the cars now.

Kevin
daweschevron

Re: Kevin in Sheffield

Postby manifold » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello Kevin,

Welcome to another Northerner!

I have a feeling that the Mk3 belonged to Jon Evans before it had a light repairable frontal impact. Sold onto another guy in Rugby who has/had a white convertible recently for sale.

I have the white rear bumper and door cards and other bits and pieces from that car on mine.

Happy to discuss.

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Kevin in Sheffield

Postby Jon » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:12 am

Kevin,

David is right, I was the previous owner of your white Mk3. I did eleven thousand miles in until a Stevenage taxi driver killed it. Having just completely dismantled my first written off Mk3 I couldn't be bothered to do it again, so sold it one to Michael Green in Rugby for what it cost me to buy it back from the insurance company. It is good to know it lives on.
I know its complete history as I met its original owner who lived just a few miles from me. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. There are a couple of pictures of OLEG in the Mk3 photo section on this site. I have got some photos somewhere of the car post accident before it was stripped, I'll put them in the photo section when I find them.
I still have some Mk3 bits and pieces that are no use on my Mk2. How thoroughly stripped was the shell when you got it?

Regards, Jon

This photo was taken in May 2005, at which point the 'orange' Mk3 and the Mk2 were in regular use and the other Mk3 was waiting to be dismantled.
Jon

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself