Hello everyone

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hello everyone

Postby s1evs » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:44 am

Hi,

I have been on the MINI scene for many years, my collection includes a Mini pickup, Clubman estate, Mk3 round nose and a Mk1 project thats been in progress for the last 10 years. I had the opertunitity to purchase a Midas some 3 months ago. I liked the idea of the Midas as the MOT`s should be a breeze and they look real fun to drive.

I started working on the car straight away, removing engine then stripping it to a bare shell. The shell was generally in good condition and had never been painted, the car itself had stood idle for over 10 years and was suffering fading.

I deceided on a colour scheme and have set to with the bodyshell, I will post progress log when I get time.

I am looking for some help, Please, PLEASE, has anyone got any headlight trims they are willing to part with? I have posted a request on the Midas facebook page with a photograph of my car.

Simon.
s1evs

Re: Hello everyone

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi Simon, welcome to the forum.

Is yours the blue/orange (Ford GT40-inspired?) Midas? I presume it is since the poster is also lacking headlamp trims. I can't help with that but hopefully someone else here can...
DavidL

Postby Stuart » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Stuart

Postby manifold » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the Midas Forum.

I hope you find all the info you need. Theres plenty of guys here to help you out.

Use the search engine at the top of the page if you get stuck too.

Dont forget to put your car in the live or dead section.

All the best,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:29 pm

A111 wrote:Hi Simon,

These might work http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Austi ... 2eba3aad6f

Might actually be the GRP trims Simon is after, they're missing from his photos!
DavidL

Postby Stuart » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:58 pm

faceofdoh wrote:Might actually be the GRP trims Simon is after, they're missing from his photos!

Oh yes well spotted :oops:
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

A111 wrote:
faceofdoh wrote:Might actually be the GRP trims Simon is after, they're missing from his photos!

Oh yes well spotted :oops:

I have my uses. :D
DavidL

Postby s1evs » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Yes it is the GT 40 theme paint job although the colours are actually early 70`s Porche blue and orange. It is the GRP trims I am after, well think its drivers side one I am short of. I have plenty of Metro lights and was wanting to keep it original`ish, but am looking at other options. If anyone has any suggestions and ideas it would be appriciated.
s1evs

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Have you contacted Alistair from Alternative Cars? I recall he had the moulds recreated for these parts. (or perhaps I am mistaken with other Bronze parts).
Hans Efde

Postby s1evs » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:48 am

I have sent him an email, so fingers crossed. Although I do like the idea of twin motorbike headlights.
s1evs

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself