Newbie to the forum

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Newbie to the forum

Postby Elvis83 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:15 am

Hi everyone

I'm the proud owner of an 83 Midas Bronze. Bought it back in March and have started to make it a little more ship-shape as the doors, sunroof & rear window were all leaking! Currently it has an MG 1275 Metro engine but I do have something else tucked away in the garage which might make its way in some day soon. The car lives in Cornwall but I work in Reading so it's a slow process. My goal is to drive it to the Goodwood Festival next year, which I think is achieveable.

Would love to get it up to some club meetings as well. I've always had something Mini but not had one on the road for a while, so I'm keen to get back in the scene and the club atmosphere.

Cheers

Marc
Elvis83

Re: Newbie to the forum

Postby Stuart » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Marc, Things are a little quiet in the Midas world, but there's always a Mini event to fill the gaps.
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Marc, and welcome.

I'm curious about what "something tucked away in the garage" might be, would you care to elaborate on that now, or will it be a surprise? :)

I've now had my Gold coupe for well over a year (I built a Bronze in 1985) but it's been up on a ramp for about half of that time, my problem is I just have too many other things to do that keep intruding that my partner SAYS are more important (decorating, renovating the house, cutting the grass, going to work, etc)...
DavidL

Postby Elvis83 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

I have a fast road 1330 engine on a rebuilt 'box which hasn't been in a car yet. Pretty much the only standard parts in it are the crankshaft, con rods, push rods and thermostat!
Elvis83

Postby kelvink » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Marc, I've got a Bronze too which I'm also renovating. Hopefully I'll be getting it on the road again shortly but I'll join you in the Goodwood trip if you have it ready for then I'm hoping to maybe get some things moving with Midas owners down here on the South Coast but Cornwall is a bit far though I'm sure I'll be going to Plymouth at some time or other in it. There's a Mini run from Weymouth to Exmouth in the next week or two but I'll not have my car ready in time for that sadly.
kelvink

Newbie to the forum

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi Marc welcome to the forum Cornwall is beautiful and I wish I could live there whereabouts in Cornwall is it I'm going to a wedding in bude soon
b1zbaz

Postby Rich » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:40 am

Welcome to the forum Marc, good to see another Midas in the SW. Goodwood sounds interesting!
Rich

Postby manifold » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello Marc.

Welcome to the Midas Cars forum.

I hope you find all the info you need to keep the wheels on your Midas turning.

Lots of informative people here will be able to assist you.

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Elvis83 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks guys

I have not been able to do much with Elvis for a while but I have just moved into a flat with my girlfriend and I have laid claim to the garage :) I should be moving him over there in the next week or two and work should commence forthwith. Hopefully I'll spend a bit of time out there in the Xmas holidays whilst her indoors is outdoors sorting out her horses! Anyone go down to The Riviera Run in Newquay at all? I haven't missed a show except for this year due to me being in basic training for the army.
Elvis83

Postby kelvink » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm

What's the Riviera Run and when is it?
kelvink

Next

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself