Introduce myself...

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Introduce myself...

Postby Midaspeter » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi everybody, the first good thing I am going to do this year! Introduce myself..., I am Peter Camping from Holland. I own an red (Porsche Indisch rot) Gold Convertible, previous owned by Nigel Bennett, from Barnstaple, Devon. This car is also shown in the video (2 Dutch Convertibles) which Hans Efdé put on this forum.
Last year the IMM in Holland was a very nice show, with 3 British Midasses, a German one and 4 Dutch ones. Next year I'll hope, with the Dutch Midassquadron, to visit the Kitcarshow in Detling and the show in Stoneleigh. The show in Detling is no problem (it will only cost me one day) and for the show in Stoneleigh I am allready telling my family: daddy is not home these days, I am going British! The same story with my work: Peter is not there these days! As for the 'Nacht van Weesp 2009', a large historic car-rally, which I competed twice now: not this year!

@ Hans: thanks for the forum the last years! And thanks very much for the 'That Golden Touch' everytime! Good and nice stuff to read.
@ David: thanks for the new forum, good luck with it! And keep the snowflock, it is still winter.

For everyone: a happy new year and keep your Midas on the road, because they need to be on the road to be driven, it is better than on a 'graveyard'. Keep up with the Midaspassion.

Regards, Peter
Midaspeter

Re: Introduce myself...

Postby manifold » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the new Midas Cars forum and a Happy New Year!

I look forward to seeing you and your friends at Stoneleigh later in the year.

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Alan D. » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum, I didn't thank you enough last year when we visited the IMM in Holland last year. You and your Dutch collegues showed us great hospitality. I hope if you ever decide to venture to the north of England, that I can return the favour to both you and the other Dutchy's!
Tell us more about this rally, ( I can't spell the name) and to David Manifold never mind we will meet you at Stoneleigh, Lets go and do this rally in Holland. You know you need to get out more!

Best wishes for the new year.

Alan Donowho
Alan D.

Postby manifold » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 pm

He He Alan. Your right! I do need to get out more!

Just bought some new steel benches for the garage to make my work done be a bit quicker so I can do exactly that. I'm fed up with falling over everything. Its a right tip at the moment!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Alan D. » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:17 pm

And you told me you were poor!

Lottery Win?

Alan
Alan D.

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself