Mk2 NSN 886Y

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Mk2 NSN 886Y

Postby jplocknorton » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:59 am

Hi All,
A quick introduction,
I built my Midas in 1982 and it's been in use ever since and most days.
In the rain, sun (sometimes) and snow.
The mileage is presently about 97K.
For several years it was our only car and was also used for camping holidays to France and Italy.
For most of its life it had a 1000cc Cooper engine but now has a 1293 MG Metro fitted.
I'm in Dundee, Scotland and would be interested to hear from other Midas enthusiasts.
jplocknorton
jplocknorton

Re: Mk2 NSN 886Y

Postby DavidL » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:00 am

I think we've met, but it was a long time ago. If so, yours is beige and your name is John. ;)

I built a Bronze in 1985 and was breaking a Metro at that time, and had a phone call asking about the Metro's wheels, from a Midas owner in Dundee...

I had my Bronze for about 9 years and had been Midas-less until 2011 when I bought myself a Gold from someone else in Dundee. I live near Tayport, but in 1984 was living near Largo.

My Gold has been up on ramps for over a year while I try to find the time to fix its various problems, but I'm getting through them, gradually, and hope to get it MoT'd again before summer's out.
DavidL

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself