Midas Gold Convertible, soon to be ex Q307 HRY

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Gold Convertible, soon to be ex Q307 HRY

Postby MargoC » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Hello!

I’m glad to announce, that I received my first Midas that I bought last month :)
It’s Techy’s 1994 Midas Gold Convertible. Long story short – it took some time, but Midas is now in my home country, although still 100 miles from my current home town. Just to mention, I live in Tallinn, Estonia.

I’ve been surrounded with cars and car topics from childhood, so it was good environment to grow up as petrolhead :) My first love was big American land yachts, but slowly I’ve found my way to Midas. Last push was thank to my Minis (1992 Sprite I’ve sold and 1975 lowered roof I bought in 2009), as I wasn’t happy with how much they loved rust, so I started to look for alternative. From all Mini based cars I fell in love with Midas. In any circumstances I can’t underestimate influence of this forum, as I’ve been reading it for nearly two years and got to know lot of interesting and useful about Midas.

My first plan with Midas is to get to know her, check and maintain all mechanics and bring her in driving condition. If this is done and everything works well I start to think about cosmetic TLC that she also needs.

At least I’ll try to stick to this plan, as I’ve already found me wondering on different mind-paths about what to do with interior, lights, paint … , but I’ll try to keep myself away from there, yet.
I’m not in rush, so I try to do as much as possible by myself and if I can manage to get her back on the road in spring 2015, that would be great.

Till now it has been theory, now it’s time to get practical, so I hope you don’t mind me asking stupid rookie questions if I don’t find answers in build manual or in forum by myself :)

Some pictures too. First two when I finally saw her in person on 28th of November, after she had already covered more than 1600 miles on trailers:

After more than 1900 miles in total, finally in Estonia:

After quick brief clean in -13 degrees Celsius:

Best regards,
Margo
MargoC

Re: Midas Gold Convertible, soon to be ex Q307 HRY

Postby cortezkeeper » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Welcome to Midas ownership !! I like Tallinn, especially the old town area, so the car has a good home. There's lots of help and information in the owners club, so you will be among friends.
Michael.
cortezkeeper

Postby manifold » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:04 pm

Welcome to the Forum Margo. I hope you enjoy your cute little yellow car ;)
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:27 pm

That's amazing! Congrats with the purchase. I think you need a bigger heater in your car judging your pics!
Hans Efde

Postby MargoC » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Thank you Michael for welcoming and also for kind words about Tallinn too. I have to admit, it's beautiful small town with lots to see and explore, old town is number one for sure. Let me know, when you plan to come to Tallinn again.
To others who hasn't been in Tallinn, couple photos:

MargoC

Postby MargoC » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Thank you manifold. I hope and actually I'm sure I will enjoy my little Midas :)
Yellow Midas will also complement my "yellow fleet":
My current Mini:

More info and pictures in Estonian Miniclub forum:
http://miniklubi.com/foorum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1310&sid=d4a1db69f203150f6c7dafbbb6620b43

My Liberator e-bike currently in building process:
MargoC

Postby MargoC » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Thank you Hans Efde.
We'll see about heater. My Mini, as it's summer car, has no heater, so Midas is already better equipped for our winter :)
In 2010 I was a bit late to take my Mini to winter-garage and I ended up driving couple hours in snowstorm without heater.

After 10 km in Tallinn:

On the road:

At destination:
MargoC

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself