Hi Everyone

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hi Everyone

Postby Dessie 300 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to say 'Hello', I'm new to the forum,my name is Des, I have been to a couple of the open days at Alistairs workshop, when I have been able to (I have to work a lot of weekends :( ),and met a few of you there,no doubt.
In my youth, I owned a mini 1000, and an innocenti mini cooper 1300, but never a Midas.
I am the owner of Q300 OBP, the blue mk 3 gold coupe thats currently undergoing a rebuild at Alistairs workshop,as I have no time ,or the facilities,to even attempt to do this myself.
The old girl is progressing, and now being put back together,Alistair is doing an excellent job for me.
I am looking forward to her being finished,and back on the road, especially as I will be giving up work soon,and have more time to enjoy the car,and bring her to some of the club events,hope to see some of you there.
Des.
Dessie 300

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby davidj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Dessie

Welcome to the forum you will find it very useful.

The Midas Owners Club is a separate entity and offers you four joint magazines a year. Newsletters by email in between the magazines to keep you up to date on events that you can join in with the other members. Events are attended all through the main part of the year at exciting venues all round the country. You also get access to club discounts on insurance etc. and reduced prices at some of the events.

To join contact me, the Club Membership Secretary by email at johnsonjean@blueyonder.co.uk and I will send you an application Form by return. This year is the 30th anniversary of the founding of the MIDAS OWNERS CLUB and will be celebrated with some special events open to members only. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards David Johnson
davidj

Postby kelvink » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 am

Hi Des, good to hear from you on here at long last.

I've followed your car for a long time now and know it well. I'm the one who phoned Alistair one time when you were with him in his car when I'd just taken my Gold Coupe out for the first time on the roads and was ecstatic with how it handled. Mine's well and truly in need of a similar restoration to yours so I'll be one of the many who'll love to hear your first impressions when you finally get to drive your lovely restored machine.

For anyone who's been asleep over the past few years here's a photo of Des's car from a couple of years ago shortly after it's gorgeous paint job at Alistair's workshop on an Open Day..

kelvink

Postby Hans Efde » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Welcome to the forum.That's an unbelievable beautiful color for a Gold. Hope to see many pics of it.
Hans Efde

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself