Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Postby Stevell » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi all
I have been given a midas bronze by the original owner to fully retore.its reg is OHU 650Y commisioned in early 1983. it has a 1430 cc engine by avonbar with 110 bhp.unfortunately it has not been on the road since 1998, so a full rebuild is to attempted.
I would like to know if there is a guide to the parts used for the car which are not mini.the radiator is an obvious non mini part which needs to be replaced but with what.any ideas gratefully received.
stevell
Stevell

Re: new member

Postby kelvink » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:49 pm

Lucky you!!!!

I'd say pop along to the National Kit Car Show at Stoneleigh on Sunday or Monday and see the cars on the Owners Club Pitch and you'll get lots and lots of people happy to help with any information you need. Failing that give Alistair Courtney a call at Midas Cars
kelvink

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:23 pm

On the archive site http://midas.orba-design.com/ you'll find the Bronze build manual and sketches (separate file) that contains all details you need. That said after 35 years many parts will be obsolete and no longer available so you have to look for the next best thing.
Hans Efde

Postby Stevell » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:18 pm

thanks for the tips gents.I will post some pics of the machine asap.
Stevell
Stevell

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself