Hi again from 2 + 2 Coupe Owner

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hi again from 2 + 2 Coupe Owner

Postby PeteH » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi all

Had to re-register due to the Server crashing and deleting my posts off the face of the earth!

For the record I am the original owner of a 2+2 Coupe in Signal Red, which I bought in 1995 out of Sutton Bonington, Serial No 1.

I purchased a donor Metro 1.4MPI 16v GTi kit to save me the trouble of stripping it down. However, that has given me the added problem of trying to figure out where everything goes!! :?

Got the build to a rolling chassis stage, then we moved into a house which required major renovation work, which meant the Midas spent many years under dust covers...!
However, last year started to continue the build and am currently working on fitting the wiring loom. Please look out for help posts!

Pete
PeteH

Re: Hi again from 2 + 2 Coupe Owner

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Pete,
Welcome back again. I hope to see your car in the flesh in the near future (or at least send me pics for the magazine!). In a bright color like the lime demonstrator or your red car the Cortez somehow becomes much prettier. I don't understand why GTM had their prototypes and demonstrators in dark blue which did not help the sales.
Cheers, Hans
Hans Efde

Re: Hi again from 2 + 2 Coupe Owner

Postby PeteH » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi Hans
I didn't like the dark blue either - thought the red was much more cheerful!
Will be happy to let you have some pictures (is the magazine online?). I am hoping to make some real progress now the weather has warmed up a bit, as I can spend a bit longer in the garage without freezing.

Pete
PeteH

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself