Midas virgin

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas virgin

Postby blunty » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:21 am

Hello , I'm Tony Blunt,I'm looking for a Mk1 Mk2 or Midtec Bronze ,I've posted in the wanted 'box'. I'm a sad car nut too!
My speciality down the years has been the 2 Litre Twin Cam (Fiat/Lancia) Morris Minor ,sadly the last one caught fire whilst parked in a shed,mice nibbling the wiring I was told by the assessor who inspected it prior to payout.
I also own a Ginetta G15 bought as a retirement project,however the need to keep working,for both spiritual & financial reasons means no progress has been made & sadly it's not likely to see any progress 'cos it needs total restoration,anyone interested ?
We bought a house (slum!!) a year ago as a project & as usual it's been more of a problem than first imagined,I'm 70 at Christmas & long dormant muscles have had a long & painful reintroduction to manual labour on this project.
I also have owned a Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport motorcyle since 1996, all good, MoT etc etc £2500 ,any interest?
Once I've got a Midas I'll join the club ,promise!
blunty

Re: Midas virgin

Postby Stuart » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 am

Welcome aboard Tony. Try and buy a well sorted Midas, I can only imagine trying to do a house up at age 70, actually I'd rather not, once was enough for me.
Stuart

Postby kelvink » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Welcome to the Forum.

Good collection of machinery you have there and not too far off some of mine too. In fact not too far off in more than one sense as I'm also Dorset with a Blandford phone number so I'll give you a call in a minute !
kelvink

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Welcome Tony. I hope you find your Midas. For the reason of electrical gremlins (and also possibility for mice in my shed) causing a short circuit and fire I have installed a master switch at the battery. It's the first thing I do when the car is parked.
Hans Efde

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself