Midas Bronze and Owner come out of moth balls

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Bronze and Owner come out of moth balls

Postby fozzza » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:06 am

Hello to you all.
I own a Bronze MK2 Decathlon Chassis N0 Do20338D2 which I bought from the factory in early 1989 and completed it for the road later that year. I drove it for about 5 years and loved every minute of it, but as with many other people, a family came along and with that came work and financial commitments. As selfish as it may seem I didn't want to get rid of my pride and joy so I put it into storage.
Now the family has grown up and re-married to a wife that also likes boys and their toys who is also wanting the car back on the road, so now the time seems right to give the little car a new lease of life. Obviously there is a fair bit of work ahead and a few mods I would like to do, so I hope you don't mind me picking your brains from time to time as you are the experts and that I have been out the loop for quite a while.
Thank you for your time.
Regards Roy.
Last edited by fozzza on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Roy
fozzza

Re: Midas Bronze and Owner come out of moth balls

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:38 am

Welcome to the forum Roy. Great you held onto this car. So many people didn't and regret doing so. Yes please pick our brain to get your pride back on the road again.
Hans Efde

Postby fozzza » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Thank you Hans for welcoming me to the forum and for your support for your technical support. You are so right about not regretting keeping the car. I have seen so many pictures of Midas that have virtually been abandoned and in such a sorry state I would have been devastated if I would have let mine go and it end up like that.
Kind regards
Roy
Roy
fozzza

Postby kelvink » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:53 pm

Well done and lucky you! One for keeping hold of the Midas and Two for having a wife that encourages boys toys. Lucky lucky you!!!!

I've also held on to a whole stack of toys too, though I let the would be wife go.... Long painful story but glad I've still got my toys and slowly getting to sort them out too, Ginetta, Midas, Hang glider, paraglider Midas and a few other new toys too including trikes, oh and did I mention another Midas....

Looking forward to hearing about your mothball busting
kelvink

Postby Jvr19630 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Welcome to the forum
Jvr19630

Postby fozzza » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:42 pm

hi kelvink

you out do me on the toys department, very envious, couldn't believe it when I met the present wife, that she loves a bloke that tats. Ill keep you all posted on the Midas progress.
Roy
fozzza

Postby moss » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:12 am

Its great that you kept the midas and under cover we wish you well in bringing it back to life
the midas owners club members have a lot of experiance in these cars and would help in any way
tony moss
hon sec midas owners club
moss

Postby Jin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:28 am

Welcome to the forum mate, makes a nice story hanging onto the car for so long, I look forward to the progress.
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Postby goldeneye » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Welcome! Do you have pictures of the car? always nice to see a picture along the story.
Midas Mk II
goldeneye

Postby Inim666 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Welcom Roy I own decathlon d3 so it's good to see another on here
Inim666

Next

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself