First posting after Putting Midas on the road

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

First posting after Putting Midas on the road

Postby foggymartin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi
Had a pleasant chat today at the British Mini Club season opener at Stafford's Bingley hall with WelshMidas.
Thanks for passing on some useful info on the car, I know I will need lots of assistance.
I bought my Midas Gold convertible at the Mini World action day at the end of 2015. The car was fairly complete and a mixture of red and primer & in bits, I made an offer and still think it was a good deal. The car passed the Mot on Friday last week,had a coat of paint in the afternoon and returned home on the Saturday. Sunday morning saw us up at 6 and driving over to the show.
The DVLA detail says the car was last on the road in 92, every panel has Mangles written on it, is this the name of the guy who ordered the car?
The paint is a blow over just for the show, it'll get done correctly when the bugs have been sorted.
I have three classic mini and two French cars from Matra, so I'm used to the classic scene, but not the kit car scene.
I 'll try to get to a meeting, promise you won't laugh at my dodgy paintwork and tatty interior.
Regards.
foggymartin

Re: First posting after Putting Midas on the road

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:10 pm

Which Matras have you got, Foggy?
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby foggymartin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Geoff
We have a 1971 M530LX in silver and a 1983 Rancho in bronze, the Rancho was featured on the Matra stand at the NEC classic car show in November, we made it into Practical Classics Feb 2016 edition.
foggymartin

Postby WelshMidas » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:29 am

It was great to have met you at the Bingley Hall Mini show...It's nice to see yet another Midas coming back on the road....I'm sure that the more you drive the car the more it will inspire you to work and improve it...I was so excited to have seen a Midas at the show that I forgot to take a photo of your wonderful display...words cannot describe it...only a photo would do it justice...look forward to seeing you at our shows during the coming year.
regards
WelshMidas

Postby kelvink » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:15 am

Great to hear you've got it on the road! I remember seeing it for sale at Castle Combe
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:42 am

Braving the elements.

bingley 2016.jpg
bingley 2016.jpg (65.47 KiB) Viewed 9010 times

bingley inside 2016.jpg
bingley inside 2016.jpg (80.8 KiB) Viewed 9005 times
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:07 am

foggymartin wrote:The DVLA detail says the car was last on the road in 92, every panel has Mangles written on it, is this the name of the guy who ordered the car?

It's more than likely, that's the way my first Midas was when I took delivery.

And welcome to the forum! I wouldn't worry about how your Midas looks, the fact that it's on the road puts you one up on me - and possibly on a few others on this forum too.
DavidL

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself