Breathing life into Q115 OCR

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Breathing life into Q115 OCR

Postby IanJ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm new to Midas and am almost the new owner of Q115 OCR. I have been dreaming of building a kit car since the early 70's but various things have always got in the way. Anyway I am due to retire in about a year and decided to take the plunge. At the moment I am living in France but am hoping to move back to the UK sometime this year, or at least have a garage to start my project. Last summer I came to the open day (great fun :D, thank you too, to the owner of D612 PNT, sorry I've forgotten your name) and decided the Gold coupe was for me, well my wife didn't like the idea of the draughty convertible (we had a Bond Bug when first married). After much discussion with Alistair we settled on Q115 OCR ( thanks for your patience Alistair). So we came over again in November to start the process of dismantling the car ready for a complete rebuild and repaint. At the moment we are just waiting for better weather to start the process of preparing the the car for the respray.

I'm not sure how long this project is going to take but my aim is to make the car into a modern automatic, Sunday afternoon fun machine for a young at heart couple of a certain mature age. I hope to post pictures of the process and I'm sure I will be back at the forum asking and looking for advice. Anyway hope to meet some of you in person someday, perhaps at Stoneliegh this year or the Open Day if there is one.
Ian
IanJ

Re: Breathing life into Q115 OCR

Postby Geoff Butcher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Welcome, Ian! You're certainly not the only one of a mature age! 8-)
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Re: Breathing life into Q115 OCR

Postby max midas » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:00 pm

hi Ian, looking forward to your rebuild, it will inspire others (me included) to get back in the garage!
max midas

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself