JLY862V Chassis 1002

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

JLY862V Chassis 1002

Postby JohnSorrie » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:07 pm

Hello,
First of all let me introduce myself, my name is John Sorrie and I am a self confessed Petrolhead. There is no cure for this condition and I haven’t looked for one. Some of you may recall various posts that have referenced myself in connection with Mk1 Midas JLY862V chassis no 1002 and yes, I did indeed own JLY back in the early eighties but now, after quite a convoluted and serendipitous process my Midas has come back to me, like an errant puppy after all these years returning home. That serendipitous story can be told another day but the gist of it is that I recently bought JLY from Mark Gibson (M1DAS), who himself owned the Midas in the late eighties and then bought it back in a very dilapidated state around 2017. Mark totally dismantled the Midas, re sprayed it in a very orange shade of orange and started on the rebuild. I have now embarked on completing the rebuild and will keep everyone updated as the process continues. So all in all, not only a lot of Marque history but also a lot of personal history.
JohnSorrie

Re: JLY862V Chassis 1002

Postby Colin » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:49 am

Great to see another one being brought back into use.
--
Colin
(Founder of the MOC but not making a big deal about it ;))
Colin

Re: JLY862V Chassis 1002

Postby JohnSorrie » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:26 pm

Here’s JLY photographed sometime back in the early eighties. I’ll add a few contemporary photos in a separate post
Attachments
Midas JLY862V .pdf
(765.26 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
JohnSorrie

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself