Hello from Italy

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hello from Italy

Postby fuoriserie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Italo Sciacca and I live in Italy , just 5 km. from the Monza race circuit.
I've always liked the Midas coupe and really hope someday to get a chance to buy an early Bronze mk1 and drive it all the way to Italy.

Maybe some day........but for now, I will be enjoyng all the info on this great little sportscar coming from this forum and meet new friends ... :D .

Ciao

Italo
fuoriserie

Re: Hello from Italy

Postby Hans Efde » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:43 pm

Welcome to the club Italo. As far as we know there are no Midasses driving around in Italy. You would be the first one if you would import one. For all the info you need, check Colin's webspace where I've uploaded the archive CD, build manual and lots of other stuff:
http://midas.orba-design.com/
Cheers, Hans
Hans Efde

Postby Alan D. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Hello Italo,

Welcome to the forum, If you need any help sourcing a Mk1 or 2 Midas, just ask. One way or another we could get one to Italy.

I tried to view your GTM drawings on pistonheads, but they seem to have been deleted!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby fuoriserie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Hans Efde wrote:Welcome to the club Italo. As far as we know there are no Midasses driving around in Italy. You would be the first one if you would import one. For all the info you need, check Colin's webspace where I've uploaded the archive CD, build manual and lots of other stuff:
http://midas.orba-design.com/
Cheers, Hans

Thanks Hans, I appreciate your info and will go through all the manuals as soon as I download them later today......

Cheers
Italo
fuoriserie

Postby fuoriserie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Alan D. wrote:Hello Italo,

Welcome to the forum, If you need any help sourcing a Mk1 or 2 Midas, just ask. One way or another we could get one to Italy.

I tried to view your GTM drawings on pistonheads, but they seem to have been deleted!

Alan

Hi Alan.....I just checked and you're right... :shock: , will find those old rough sketches, and post them here if you like to see them again.

I had fun with Stuart working on this restyling job, that I could undertake personally in the future, if I find an old mk1 shell to work with...... :D

Cheers
Italo
fuoriserie

Postby manifold » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 am

Hello Italo,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it. I am sure you will find lots of nice people on here to talk about all things Midas.

Your designs look great!

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby fuoriserie » Fri May 01, 2009 11:29 am

manifold wrote:Hello Italo,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it. I am sure you will find lots of nice people on here to talk about all things Midas.

Your designs look great!

Kind regards,

David

Thanks David..... :D

It would be nice to see a new Midas project in the near future........with this economic crisis, small and stylish coupes could be on a come back.....
fuoriserie

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself