Greetings from sunny Suffolk

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Greetings from sunny Suffolk

Postby Luckyun » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:25 pm

I should have done this months ago. Can I be forgiven for my lack of manners? I shall now introduce myself I live near the coast in Suffolk with a dismantled Mk3 Coupe in my garage(puchased in March last year). It has a body and gel coat in very good condition, the interior is not bad, the running gear is rusty or seized or knackered, and the engine is an Avonbar 1.4S(over heats possibly head gasket). I have slowly been collecting together the bits and pieces to restore and improve it but it is going to take a long time(two young kids) which is difficult if you are as impatient as me!(I even have dreams about driving it). I will probably convert to coil springs at the front, construct a rear seat actually there is a long list of the familiar stuff to do.

The help and information on the two forums has been invaluable thank you. I could probably still be found floundering around in the desert of no knowledge screaming help!

I'd better stop. I can ramble on forever

Lucien
Luckyun

Re: Greetings from sunny Suffolk

Postby Alan D. » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Welcome Lucien,

The only way is forward, but slowly and you learn more. But they are a great lot on this forum and only too happy to help!

Suffolk is that somewhere south of the Mississippi ! (thank goodness for the spell check)

Are there any other Midas owners living in or near Suffolk, please get in touch with Lucien and meet up. It's a great help and motivator, when you can actually speak to somebody in the flesh! It works for us in the frozen north.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Hans Efde » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Hi Lucien,
Welcome to the club. I have 2 kids as well, and indeed they are time consumers. But as they grow older (which happens at an incredible rate!) you'll get more time for your hobbies. Mine are now 6 and 10 and I am able to catch up work on my Midas at last. It just requires at bit more time management, but you'll be able to sort it out. Luckily on a Midas no major body work (who recalls the Frogeye Sprite in "Wreck rescue"?) so plenty of time for the subframe, engine and components. I think you'll be surprised how quick it will be on the street again.
Please scratch our brains if you need help. Remember that after a lot of blood, sweat and tears the real joy will be driving it. Your smile will be so wide, your jaws will hurt!
Cheers, Hans
Hans Efde

Postby Luckyun » Fri May 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Hans that was inspiring I'm off into the garage!
Luckyun

Postby manifold » Fri May 01, 2009 6:18 pm

....wait till you've got 3 girls, one of whoms a teenager :).

try fitting that into your Midas tinkering schedule! But just goes to show it can be done :)
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself