Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Postby mellors55 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:01 pm

John Mellors
I have a 1988 Mk3 gold coupe converted to K series (1.4 single cam) with coilovers all round. I got this back in May from Stan Armstrong who did the original conversion. I have done quite a bit of work to the interior (mainly to bring it back closer to original) and generally made the car more reliable for everyday use. My first Kit car was a '78 Mini Marcos Mk4 - I bought the kit from Harold Dermott in Manchester. I rebuilt a second Mini Marcos that I road rallied for a short time and also built a Dutton Sierra a few years later (Big mistake).
I also have a Robin Hood (Lotus 7 replica) with 2 litre Rover engine that I finished building in 2005 for Summer use and a '62 Morris Minor. With wife's car and motorcaravan - I have 5 in total - bit of a petrolhead I suppose.
Anyone know of a supplier of reasonably priced exhausts for the Gold? Or parts to make up my own.
mellors55

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself