Story of me and my Midas

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Story of me and my Midas

Postby M.Ouvinen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm Matti. I work for Finland's leading classic car magazine Mobilisti. I'm a 26 year old journalist/photographer from Helsinki.

How did I get a Midas then? Here's the story:

A friend of mine went to Beaulieau autojumble this autumn. Being a Mini enthusiast (and into all sorts of British cars) he stumbled into this white -83 Midas. He bought it and drove it home through Europe for himself. (He also has a Mini Marcos project coming up...)

At the same time my Citroen Visa started showing signs of fatigue and a serious need of service. This friend of mine volunteered to look into it. He found out that the exhaust manifold was cracked and it proved hard to find a replacement. Also, I have to mention I was also a bit bored with the Visa, having owned it for about six months. Since he had to find money to save a barnfind Morris Oxford Cowley, he asked if I wanted to buy his Midas. I took up the offer.

I've driven it for a month now, just got it registered and MOT'd this week. I've already survived the first snow storm of the winter and I intend on using it as my daily driver through the winter.

It'll also provide with interesting stuff for me to write to our Staff Cars pages at Mobilisti.
M.Ouvinen

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself