Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Postby absolute crest » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:00 am

Hello all

I'm Geoff, live in the vicinity of Stratford, and I have a basket-case Gold ex-eBay car waiting for some time to make it be a car that my wife will recognise rather than a bag of bits. Currently, it's cluttering my drive. I suppose there are a few of those out there...

I'm not brave enough to assign a timetable to roadworthiness; progress reports, so to speak, as I go. I am part of the heated-screen consortium, though, so I have to drive it on a cold morning at least once to justify that!

I'm looking for the junior-grand-tourer rather than a tarmac-melter; our cars are old, powered by the archaic a-series engine - plainly designed in times of austerity since the manufacturers have spared themselves the cost of several even-then-modern features such as enough crank bearings or separate ports for each cylinder, &c....anyway, these are never going to be fast, durable and refined at the same time and I don't really want something with a short fuse. I'm too old for that. The Eaton supercharger route looks interesting, though, and I'd love to indulge myself with a K-head engine but that looks like too steep a cost and more like a development opportunity than a car. A 944 would cost less!

Looking forward to it!

regards to all

Geoff
absolute crest

Re: new member

Postby Stuart » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Geoff,

I hope the forum will inspire a few more people into getting a Midas up and running and then share their thoughts and tips on here to build up a very informative and useful forum.

Stuart
Stuart

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself