Hello

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hello

Postby Hans Efde » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:30 pm

Hello everyone,
Great to be on this forum. I'm Hans Efde and an enthusiast of the Midas marque since I saw an article about the car somewhere in the beginning of the nineties. I have owned 3 Midasses, 2 Gold coupees and my present Gold convertible. Whatever anyone says I believe the Gold Convertible is the best Midas so far. It is pretty from any angle (great design job from Steve Pearce), it's agile and fun to drive and maintenance is possible for a DIY with a bit of elbow grease and sweat. I like to improve it bit by bit and tackle technical (small) problems. Prevents the mind from getting rusty doesn't it? My first coupee was the third Midas in Holland. By presenting the car on shows and starting a website several people have been inflicted with the Midas virus and have imported Midasses as well. In Holland there are now about 20. After the website I started the Yahoo forum which was been useful for a few years. I am greatful that David has built this messageboard which seems the logical next step. I hope the number of Midas enthusiasts keeps on growing and the number of cars on the road and on shows as well. Now we only need a GTM Libra basher with a Midas badge on it :-)
That said if I would have 10K to spend I probably like to build a Moto Guzzi powered Blackjack Zero.
Hans Efde

Re: Hello

Postby manifold » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Welcome to the forum Hans!

Hope you like it.

I like the Blackjack zero too. Nice piece of kit.

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself