Keith from Somerset

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Keith from Somerset

Postby Kermimga » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Hello all, two weeks into ownership of a Midas Bronze & enjoying the experience so far apart from bruises to head from sunroof! We found the car on this forum & after various phone calls travelled to York to view it.It was exactly as described, in good overall condition but had travelled very little in the past few years between MOTs.It's 240 mile drive home certainly woke it up, no major problems except a worrying scaping noise turning left - turned out to be the air hose rubbing the wheel! Its now joined my Mini Cooper Sport & MGA , I enjoy variety.Would love to hear from anyone in the Somerset area.Keith.
Kermimga

Re: Keith from Somerset

Postby Rich » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Hi Keith,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not quite in Somerset, but down in this corner of Devon I can be in Somerset or Dorset in minutes, whereabouts in Somerset are you?

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby manifold » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Hello there,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find lots of Midas advice on the forum. There's lots of guys here very willing to help you.

Kind regards,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Kermimga » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Rich, I live in Somerton, the car is a 1982 Bronze with an Avonbar 1380 MG Metro engine.It was apparently a factory built car but the wiring does look a bit sus.Keith
Kermimga

Postby Rich » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Kermimga wrote:Hi Rich, I live in Somerton, the car is a 1982 Bronze with an Avonbar 1380 MG Metro engine.It was apparently a factory built car but the wiring does look a bit sus.Keith

Ahh, up near Langport?

There are differing opinions on factory built cars, it doesn't seem to be the guarantee of 'production finish' that some may expect. The Avonbar 1380 should give it a bit of poke.

Rich
Rich

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself