Hello too

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Hello too

Postby g3r7m5 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:44 am

Hello,

I am Guy and live in Hampshire. I have a Gold Convertible - dark green and mechanically ok (just put a new engine and gearbox in). Body is fine (colour good, no fading or crazing) but just can't get the door shuts to be loined up and satisfying. Probably need new hinges... The interior is not good though - would love a new dash and can't decide what to do. Worried by the scuttle shake and thinking of a roll bar to stop it.

Truth is though I have not enough time (very busy working and away most of the week) too many projects (house restoration, other cars and the children) that it will take an age. I have probably done 100 miles in the car this year so far and it sits in the garage waiting to be taken out as do the other toys! One day.

Regards

Guy
g3r7m5

Re: Hello too

Postby Stuart » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Hello and welcome Guy,

Your story is so familiar, the Midas is usually the last thing on a big list of things to do.

Stuart
Stuart

Re: Hello too

Postby manifold » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Hello Guy,

Welcome to the new forum. Glad you joined!

I think Alan D up in the North East is working on some ideas concerning the scuttle shake problems.

Maybe if you put a post in the Technical and Problem Section, Alan might pick it up (when he joins) and you can compare notes.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself