Short time reader First time contributer

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Short time reader First time contributer

Postby grumpy_old_blue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:15 am

Greetings all

I am one of the original Midas owners having purchased my midas in the late 70's. I'll get the paperwork and let all know the chassis number and purchase order etc. I think I have that. I've been meaning to upload my details before but you know how it is.

The Midas has been off the road for some years now but this year I intend to rebuild/restore. I'm OK with the mechanical bits but not so good with the theory so I suspect I'll be on a good deal for extra advice. My daughter thinks she can set me up a small web site so you can see my progress, and I've promised her that we can go to the shows and any runs that may be on.

I guess you have to drive a Midas to understand just how much fun they are.

More later

PS - My login name, - I'm an Everton supporter of long standing, hence the name.

Steve
grumpy_old_blue

Re: Short time reader First time contributer

Postby manifold » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:18 am

Welcome to the forum steve. I for one look forward to seeing your rebuild. There's not enough on the mk1s and 2s.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Short time reader First time contributer

Postby manifold » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:18 am

Welcome to the forum steve. I for one look forward to seeing your rebuild. There's not enough on the mk1s and 2s.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself