Wannabe near Bristol

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Wannabe near Bristol

Postby Davep » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:12 pm

Hi, I've been a Midas wannabe since a saw a burgundy Gold Coupe mk3 with gold alloys in the car park of Bristol Poly whilst on day release back in 1989. I've wanted one ever since and I still have the brochure I was sent when I wrote off to enquire. I also knew someone (from when I originally lived in Hemel Hempstead) who built a bronze in about 1984 i think (are you out there somewhere Roger Briggs?)
I'm pottering with the idea of getting one - ideally a gold coupe but maybe a convertible. I was outbid at the last minute on the yellow one that went on ebay this week - is the winner of that one out there??
I can't really justify the time or space to have one but if the right car comes up at the right price I will probably let my heart rule my head and buy it. (i'm sure she'd understand and might even let me keep my motorbike too)
The new forum looks good - much more approachable. Thanks for setting it up and good luck with your cars everyone!
Cheers, Dave.
PS if there is anyone local with a Gold i'd love to be nosey and check it out.
Davep

Re: Wannabe near Bristol

Postby manifold » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 am

Anyones welcome to come and have a looksie at my cars if your ever near blackpool. Just send me a PM and let me know.

Cheers,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm a bit more local to Bristol and have a Gold Convertible that's in the process of being put back on the road.

Rich
;)
Rich

Postby ACourtney » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:11 am

Hi Dave,

There are a couple of Midas owners in Bristol. David Johnson, whose Gold Convertible can be seen in the photos from the Castle Combe action day - http://www.midasownersclub.org/Gallery2.html - is currently in France, but I'm sure he would be happy to show you his car when he returns.
There is also a Gold Coupe owner on Frenchay, but I've not heard from him for a couple of years so his car may be laid up.

Best regards,

Alistair Courtney
ACourtney

Postby davidj » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi
I am the owner of the white convertible in TGT 61and would be only too pleased to show you the car. I live in the centre of Bristol. Please contact me on 01179297602 to arrange a suitable time. Regards David Johnson
davidj

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself