White Convertible from eBay...

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

White Convertible from eBay...

Postby XRP669 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi, I eventually bought the convertible on a "second chance offer" - high bidder not having followed the deal through for some reason - with the intention of it being my every day commuting car: low fuel consumption, non-rusting body and simple mechanicals being a big attraction...

This car might was previously known as 7337 PX, it had a cherished number transferred off it last October. Any previous history would be welcome.

I drove it back from Stourbridge quite uneventfully, have now had the suspension pumped up as it was a bit low, and I'm starting some gradual fettling whilst using the car (45ish to the gallon so far :) ). Next job is to get the fuel gauge working, then a complete replacement of the carpets and tracing / quietening a few interior squeaks and rattles.

James.
XRP669

Re: White Convertible from eBay...

Postby Rich » Sun May 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Welcome to the forum James.

My convertible was a little further gone when I got it, but thankfully complete. There's a link to the rebuild/resurrection in the sig at the bottom of my post that you may find useful.

Rich
Rich

Postby manifold » Mon May 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Hello James,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find plenty of help and advice on here.

I also have a white convertible. Quite the fashionable colour to have right now ;). White is the new Black ;)

All the best,

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby paulr » Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 pm

welcome from an old hand (by which I mean we have had our midas all of 2 weeks!) ours has no working fuel gauge or temp gauge - was told to earth wire from sender and see what happens - gauge is alive! gather this means problem is most likely with voltage stabiliser so we aim to sort that soon - if anyone can confirm that is the most likely cause thankyou as will be more optimistic it will sort it - let us know how you fix yours please

Paul
paulr

Postby manifold » Wed May 26, 2010 8:46 am

I ripped out the metro dash and put a digidash in.

Problem solved, plus have readings for a lot more stuff!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby XRP669 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:39 pm

My temperature guage is fine - suspect either dodgy earth on fuel tank or break / disconnect in wiring 'twixt sender and dash at present.

I tried the connection to the actual sender and that seems fine, so I suspect it'll be a happy half hour with a test lamp...

Think I'm going to have to save up for a soft top and frame too - the hard top is an easy on / off, but our weather is just too unreliable!
XRP669

Postby Hans Efde » Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm

XRP669 wrote:Think I'm going to have to save up for a soft top and frame too

In case of emergency:
853361957_4ea30bc54c_o.jpg
853361957_4ea30bc54c_o.jpg (218.71 KiB) Viewed 5002 times

:lol:
Hans Efde

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself