New Midas Bronze Owners

Newbie? Introduce yourself here!

Ring the bell and say "Hi" by telling us a little about you and your cars. We always have someone in who'll get the door and welcome you to the family!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

New Midas Bronze Owners

Postby Midas Matt » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi All,

We are now the proud owners of a white Midas Bronze bought recently from another Midas Owners Club Member (Bronze1380 (aka Jason)).

I say 'we' as we are a father and son team and the plan is to get the car back on the road for my son to use as his daily driver.

The car looks to be basically sound but needs a fair bit of 'fettling' to get it road worthy and MOT'd.

Our first job has been to get the engine running properly (a 1380 Avonbar engine according to the V5 and engine no.). The main problem seemed to be a worn distributor cap but we also couldn't find any engine timing marks (either on the front of the engine or on the flywheel ??). However, thats been fixed and the engine runs quite well now. :D

So I'm sure we will be posting lots of questions on the forum seeking everyones advice !

Simon (& Matt)
Midas Matt

Re: New Midas Bronze Owners

Postby Rich » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forum guys!
Rich

Re: New Midas Bronze Owners

Postby manifold » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Welcome to the forum guys.

I hope you find lots of useful help and advice on here.

All the best and happy midas motoring!

David
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to The Doorbell - Introduce yourself