Motorbikes anyone??

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Motorbikes anyone??

Postby Stuart » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 am

My first ever bike was a 49cc MZ Simpson, great chain-guard and a ring a ting ting.
Stuart

Postby gooseman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Ah yes, i remember the enclosed chain & rubber gaiters, an MZ trademark, i seem to recall some other machines that enclosed the chain with a full metal guard, maybe PUCH..JAWA/CZ? Bram, are those turn signals on the bar ends? dont think ive ever seen that on a small bike.
There was a Simson on ebay a while back, an unusual bike about 30-40 years old...looked very nice & unmolested...jim
gooseman

Postby The Sheepherd » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:32 pm

@ gooseman: you mean me with the bar-ends? Yes, they are, but I put them on it, because the originals were damaged and looked like 4 times to big...
...I mean, I like that small fast one (allowed to run 10km/h faster than "normal" 50cc's here), but the design of some parts...erh...must be because lots of the parts where also used for MZ's and bigger bikes,
so the size mostly doesn't really matched...
The Sheepherd

Postby gooseman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Your bike looks in good shape Sheepherd, what year model is it & is it a 50cc?? jim
gooseman

Postby The Sheepherd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 pm

It's a 50cc, a S50 from 1978 ... I prefer the older, rounder fueltank instead of the later ones...
But not really in a good shape, technically I would say yes, but even after restauration it got quick rusty again, lol, but I like it that way...
The Sheepherd

Previous

Return to General Chat