New heated rear hatch for the Midas Mk1's,2's & 3's

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: New heated rear hatch for the Midas Mk1's,2's & 3's

Postby Alan D. » Tue May 29, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm just about to give up on this group buy, as we have only 18 interested parties which includes me taking five rear hatches. Our supplier wanted fifty orders due to the cost of heat treating the hatches. Fifty orders now seems an impossible task. But on speaking to our supplier he his going to try and find someone else to make maybe twenty rear hatches. I imagine that ther will be a cost implication with this, so we will just have to wait and see!

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby manifold » Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 am

That would be a shame if it didnt happen Alan.

Sounds like your rear hatch would have been great.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Alan D. » Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 am

I'm going to send a rear hatch to China,along with the Mk4 front screen and see what we can do with pricing on this item.

It will be 4 or 5 months before we get screens back to th UK, so start saving up for your spare screen.

we now have twenty owners who have expressed interest.

Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby neon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 pm

hi i would be very much intrestedin this, although i have no current call for one it would be very handy to have in the garage in case
neon

Postby Alan D. » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 pm

neon wrote:Hi, I would be very much interested in this, although I have no current call for one it would be very handy to have in the garage in case

Hello Neon,

Welcome to the forum. I'm awaiting prices for these at the moment. The situation is that a rear hatch has been sent to China on a very "slow boat" and we are hoping to get prices and delivery any time now. In fact you have promoted me to make a call, which I will do after this post.

How about a nice new heated front screen? View the thread on this forum and PM me if you are interested.

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Previous

Return to General Chat