New heated rear hatch for the Midas Mk1's,2's & 3's

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

New heated rear hatch for the Midas Mk1's,2's & 3's

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 pm

At long last I can confirm the price for brand new rear hatches.

The price is £135 collected from a place to be arranged.

The hatches will be brand new toughened glass, pre-drilled with the five holes. They will also have a new printed on heated element and the edges will be screen printed with those little black dots, just like the modern screens. The purpose of the little black dots is to hid the rubber seal. I think it may be possible to order the rear hatches without the little black dots or screen printing if you so wish!

The bad news is I need to try and get fifty orders ( a tall order indeed!), but I think I have about nine hatches already ordered! we did manage 30 HFS the first time around!

So here we go again, a once only opportunity, please express your interest via this thread!

Alan
Alan D.

Re: New heated rear hatch for the Midas Mk1's,2's & 3's

Postby Jon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Alan,

Please put my name down for one.

Jon
Jon

Postby Alan D. » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Thank you Jon.
Alan D.

Postby graemedench » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:31 pm

As you know Alan I'm down for one. Just posting here to prompt others hopefully. :)

How big will the electric bit be? Just wondering as the element on my current one is quite small. Either way I'm in.
graemedench

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:23 pm

There are about 10 people interested so far, so just 40 more orders to go!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Stuart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

Just noticed there is no mention of the screens both front and rear in the club magazine, I take it that the owners club are aware of the screens? as there are rather lot of club members who don't use the forum something in print needs doing if it hasn't already been done?
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Alan D. wrote:There are about 10 people interested so far, so just 40 more orders to go!

Alan

Unfortunately I can't justify the expense of this offer. My current rear screen is heated, and works well.

However I'll have to adjust it soon, it has crept back until it's touching the rear edge of the hatch, so I may have to eat my words if I'm not very careful...
DavidL

Postby Alan D. » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:35 pm

faceofdoh wrote:
Alan D. wrote:There are about 10 people interested so far, so just 40 more orders to go!

Alan

Unfortunately I can't justify the expense of this offer. My current rear screen is heated, and works well.

However I'll have to adjust it soon, it has crept back until it's touching the rear edge of the hatch, so I may have to eat my words if I'm not very careful...

Hopefully it will give you a few more years service!

The only message I'm trying to get across is; buy in some spares whilst they are available! We are already seeing people in difficult situations trying to obtain things like headlight rings, Mk 4 windscreens and rear beams!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby manifold » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:51 pm

I'll have one Alan.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby manifold » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 am

I just reads something interesting about the Mk4 Coupe REAR screen being a FIAT 126 Windscreen. Wouldnt this lend itself to being useful with the heated Mk1/2/3 screens that Alan is working on? Would make a nice heated Mk4 screen I would have thought.....plus guarantees a replacement should the worst happen.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Next

Return to General Chat