How many Mk 1's

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: How many Mk 1's

Postby MrBounce » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:16 am

Mine is registered as a Mini Midas Coupe on the V5 and is almost certainly the one that is currently "SORN".

As for the number of Mk 1s built I thought there were 57? At least that's what the book "Maximum Mini" says. I'm probably wrong - please feel free to correct me!
MrBounce

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Hello Mr Bounce,

As for the number of Mk 1s built I thought there were 57? At least that's what the book "Maximum Mini" says. I'm probably wrong - please feel free to correct me!

Well I've owned Chassis number 64, now sold,

I've just acquired chassis 63, but I already have chassis twenty something in stock!

Regards Alan
Alan D.

Postby Stuart » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:09 pm

I wonder what your cars are registered as Alan? are they D & H Fibreglass or Mini Midas coupe or Midas?
Stuart

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Stuart wrote:I wonder what your cars are registered as Alan? are they D & H Fibreglass or Mini Midas coupe or Midas?

The chassis plates say D & H, except one which has a substitute Midas chassis plate!

So I think you are correct, the search should be on D & H!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Alan D. wrote:Hello Mr Bounce,

Well I've owned Chassis number 64, now sold,

I've just acquired chassis 63, but I already have chassis twenty something in stock!

Regards Alan

Just checked the other one is Chassis 27, Which started life in the Corby factory in 1979 and was registered in 1981! I suppose this was really the Mini Marcos replacement. I seem to remember an old gentleman turning up, at I think the Stafford Kit Car show two or three years ago, saying that he had chassis 0 or number 1. I think the club were trying to find the oldest surveying Midas!

Alan
Alan D.

Previous

Return to General Chat