<------- What is this icon?

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

<------- What is this icon?

Postby All That Glisters » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:19 am

On the left hand side of the topic title there is a little icon, circles with lines in either blue or red and either static or scrolling, there is sometimes a light bulb shape, which I think in my case is only 15 Watts because it and I are both a bit dim. Can someone point me to somewhere on the site that tells me what these icons mean?

Thanks, Mark
All That Glisters

Re: <------- What is this icon?

Postby manifold » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:32 am

They are status symbols.

One of them is for 'stickies' i.e. to show a topic at top of page. another one means locked. another one means new item (you haven't read it). That kind of thing.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Alan D. » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:21 pm

All That Glisters wrote:On the left hand side of the topic title there is a little icon, circles with lines in either blue or red and either static or scrolling, there is sometimes a light bulb shape, which I think in my case is only 15 Watts because it and I are both a bit dim. Can someone point me to somewhere on the site that tells me what these icons mean?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I think we should start another forum club for all of us 15 watters! I have particular problem with photos. When you have never had a lesson at all with computers you just make it up as you go along, often incorrectly and you go around the houses to get where you need to be, but the 150 watters amongst us, do it with two keystrokes!

Alan
Alan D.

Postby All That Glisters » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Wow Status Quo cymbals, I'm grateful for the info (manifold) and it's not just computers where I make it up as I go along, more often than not it's life in general (Alan D).

Regards Mark
All That Glisters

Return to General Chat