Controversial question

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Controversial question

Postby manifold » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

What with all the chatter last week about the UK not wanting to be a part of the current proposed treaty last Friday.........

........... I wonder what the effects would be for the UK kit car manufacturing industry (if) it split off from the EU (and becoming a trading partner instead) in respect of deregulation of some of the EU rules? Would it allow innovation to flourish again closer to home rather than the far east?

Good thing? Bad thing?

Should I put a Poll up lol?
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: Controversial question

Postby max midas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:02 pm

secular from anything to do with the EU question, anything which encourages innovation is to be welcomed.
We do need some health and safety regulation applying to objects that weigh +700kg and travel at 100mph, but innovation is one of the things that Britain has always done well, surely they are not irreconcilable.
I like to think that all us Midas builders and dreamers are the epitomy of grassroots automotive innovation.
max midas

Postby wolfie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:56 pm

I like to think that all us Midas builders and dreamers are the epitomy of grassroots automotive innovation.

or just mental :lol:
wolfie

Postby max midas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 pm

midasness and madness are so close to each other. :D
max midas

Postby Rich » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:27 pm

I'd love to see a little deregulation, but subsequent governments have seemed hell bent on increasing, not decreasing it.
Rich

Return to General Chat