road holding

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

road holding

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 pm

is it just me or do these things stick to the road like $#!£ to a blanket had a bit of a blast this afternoon misjudged a bend and rather than go through a fence just sailed round as if i was doing 10mph whilst watching the tool in the citroen saxo who was close enough to kiss the back of my neck when we got to the bend bounce all over the place and nearly go over the body was rolling that much his face was a picture and he did not even look at me when we got to the traffic lights and i have not even started setting suspension up properly yet
b1zbaz

Re: road holding

Postby Stuart » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Indeed they punch well above their weight considering they're only a recycled Metro. I remember trying to keep up with the first Midas I saw in my old Austin 1100, I never saw which way it had gone! my next car was a Midas :D
Stuart

Postby b1zbaz » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 pm

even by todays standards they are an excellent little tarmac muncher
b1zbaz

Postby ACourtney » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm

b1zbaz wrote:is it just me or do these things stick to the road like $#!£ to a blanket had a bit of a blast this afternoon misjudged a bend and rather than go through a fence just sailed round as if i was doing 10mph whilst watching the tool in the citroen saxo who was close enough to kiss the back of my neck when we got to the bend bounce all over the place and nearly go over the body was rolling that much his face was a picture and he did not even look at me when we got to the traffic lights and i have not even started setting suspension up properly yet

I think you have just discovered why we are all hooked on these cars! I hope you are starting to feel that all the hard work and heart ache has been worthwhile and that you will be rewarded by many more such Midas adventures ;)

I also hope to see your car at Stoneleigh and/or other meets this year.

Best regards,

Alistair
ACourtney

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 pm

My little mean machine certainly will be at stoneleigh this year plus daddio is taking the minus which they won't have a stand for so he will prob park with us or the Marcos stand
b1zbaz

Postby Dewsnap Mk1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:08 pm

MIni's handle better, but then my dad would disagree....... 8-) :o :lol: :lol:
Dewsnap Mk1

Return to General Chat