where are the cars on Ebay?

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

where are the cars on Ebay?

Postby Hans Efde » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Does anyone know what's going on on Ebay? There are hardly any cars for sale. Has Ebay quadrupled the fees or has the car market just collapsed? Is there a more popular website these days? I also check Piston heads regularly which has plenty of cars for sale, but normally there are 4 or 5 pages with kitcars on Ebay. Now there is nothing.
Hans Efde

Re: where are the cars on Ebay?

Postby Stuart » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:20 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cars-/9801/i. ... kw=kit+car

4-pages and 175 cars, granted a few aren't kit cars, not sure how that compares to at other times. Gumtree perhaps has more these days, friends cars have sold very quickly on there.
Stuart

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:59 am

No can't see them anymore. Apparently Ebay blocks ads "UK only" for foreign viewers since a few days. Even if I change my postage address to UK it won't work.
Hans Efde

Postby manifold » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:41 am

Hi Hans.....

Have you tried searching on EBAY via a UK based proxy? At least that way you might be able to get the item number.

All the kids at school use proxys to get round the school/router forbidden site lists...

Whatever you do though, dont ever log in to one of your online services via one though....including this forum. :roll:
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Hans Efde » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 am

Hi David,
I think it's a sort of error. It's not in Ebay's interest to block ads from outside viewers (nor in the interest of the sellers). I can still see all the car ads on German Ebay. I know the proxy thing. I am using Greasemonkey for the Top Gear site. But I can't imagine doing this on Ebay.
Hans Efde

Postby Hans Efde » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 am

Problem solved. It was a cookie problem. Deleted the Firefox cookies and everything worked again.
Hans Efde

Return to General Chat