B & Q are right scamming Alan Bstard's

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

B & Q are right scamming Alan Bstard's

Postby manifold » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Dear All

Something Midas unrelated but interesting for odd bits and pieces you may buy from there....

I have just been on the B&Q website to look at a bathroom suite I recently wished to purchase.

About 4 weeks ago the Nuveo bathroom suite was advertised as £189.99 or thereabouts. I was going to fit it for a friend.

3 weeks ago I was actually ready to buy it for a friend but was very upset to see that the exact same suite had doubled in price to about £379. I was very shocked about the doubling in price and I had to go elsewhere as I was not prepared to pay for something that had doubled in price.

Out of curiosity today (boxing day) with all the sales on I had a look on the website:

Here is a link:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?fh_view_size=6&fh_eds=%3f&fh_reffacet=styleStyle&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3c%7b10052%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b10054%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b8960055%7d%2fstyleStyle%3e%7bnuveo%7d&fh_refview=summary&fh_refpath=facet_styleStyle&ts=1230293663505

I am again shocked to see that B&Q is trying to sell the same bathroom suite today as a 50% reduction. It clearly isnt as they have increased the price to make it look like a sale price.

This is clearly a scam and shoppers should be aware that a large store like this is practicing selling products in such a manner.

Cheers,

David Manifold
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to General Chat