How many left!!!

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

How many left!!!

Postby Alan D. » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

While searching EBay I noticed somebody had used this website to illustrate how rare their car was. So I did a search for Austin Metro and this was the result:

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/austin_mini_metro

According to the results, there are 32 licensed cars on the road and 43 cars sorn.. ( hover your mouse at any point in time on the graph to see exact numbers.)

So I suggest that we mark 3 owners gather as many spares as you can store. They don't list Midas's

Just a point for discussion!

Alan
Alan D.

How many left!!!

Postby manifold » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Does that include the Morris metros and the rover metros Alan. I used to have a Morris metro. ;) if it does, it certainly does mean its a good idea to stock up as there must be more Midas Golds on the road that Metros!
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Re: How many left!!!

Postby Alan D. » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 pm

manifold wrote:Does that include the Morris metros and the rover metros Alan. I used to have a Morris metro. ;) if it does, it certainly does mean its a good idea to stock up as there must be more Midas Golds on the road that Metros!

I didn't know about Morris Metros and I think Rover Metro's will be a separate search. I'm guessing that there will be a lot more Rover Metro's left, as I think they are quite a practical and usable car! Try doing a search via that link.

Alan
Alan D.

How many left!!!

Postby manifold » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I think the Morris branch of the Metros were generally used for commercial vehicles.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby Rich » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:26 pm

The site is horribly inaccurate, on some of the forums I use some members own more examples of a particular model themselves than are supposed to still exist.
Rich

Postby Alan D. » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Rich wrote:The site is horribly inaccurate, on some of the forums I use some members own more examples of a particular model themselves than are supposed to still exist.

I play a little game when I'm out and about, I always like to spot a Mini a day. I'm sad it just makes me smile! I've never seen an A series Metro, I've even spotted two Midas's not known to our little group, but never a Metro. Come to think about it, I've never even seen a Metro at classic car show! I hope you are correct Rich, it would be very sad to lose them.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Stuart » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Alan D. wrote: I've never seen an A series Metro, I've even spotted two Midas's not known to our little group, but never a Metro. Come to think about it, I've never even seen a Metro at classic car show!

Alan

Are you sure about that Alan. I'm sure they were at the NEC when I last went, just six short years ago :o

They're certainly there this year http://www.metroownersclub.org/forum/vi ... 04&t=12526
Stuart

Postby Rich » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Alan D. wrote:
Rich wrote:The site is horribly inaccurate, on some of the forums I use some members own more examples of a particular model themselves than are supposed to still exist.

I play a little game when I'm out and about, I always like to spot a Mini a day. I'm sad it just makes me smile! I've never seen an A series Metro, I've even spotted two Midas's not known to our little group, but never a Metro. Come to think about it, I've never even seen a Metro at classic car show! I hope you are correct Rich, it would be very sad to lose them.

Alan

Strange you should say that Alan, my youngest has a bit of a thing for Minis. We spotted 8 the other day and three A series Metros.
Rich

Return to General Chat