Midas Cars Forum Changes

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Midas Cars Forum Changes

Postby b1zbaz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm

my tapatalk is not working is it down for everybody or do i need to delete it and download again
b1zbaz

Postby lankyjames » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 pm

b1zbaz wrote:my tapatalk is not working is it down for everybody or do i need to delete it and download again

Baz delete midas forum from tapatalk listing and run another search for midas cars, that'll fix it. I'm using it now :)
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 am

Woah!!!! Hey guys errrr I've just checked in here this morning (Monday 4th March) and the whole forums gone black. Can we have the white back please as I'm lost in this style and stuff isn't fitting my screen too. Sorry but I'd prefer the original style back please. (hopefully this is just a glitch)
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 am

Go to user control panel (little cog) Board preferences, my board style, and there are three options.

Edit, OK only the black is there at the moment, that's the one I use, as you say probably just a glitch. Oddly this style fits my netbook with some zoom added better than almost any other website I vist.
Stuart

Postby kelvink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 am

Stuart wrote:Go to user control panel (little cog) Board preferences, my board style, and there are three options.

Edit, OK only the black is there at the moment, that's the one I use, as you say probably just a glitch. Oddly this style fits my netbook with some zoom added better than almost any other website I vist.

Already tried that. I think the default should remain the same (ie original white) otherwise it's going to cause a lot of confusion for people who are not so IT savy
kelvink

Postby lankyjames » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am

It's changed back now to have 2 options, my mistake!
I do need to find a nice white style for the options, the standard style (prosilver) is overused and not great looking!
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 am

lankyjames wrote:It's changed back now to have 2 options, my mistake!
I do need to find a nice white style for the options, the standard style (prosilver) is overused and not great looking!

Thanks James :-) I do think the Default needs to remain the same though as there's going to be a fair few people who will get lost.

Re different styles. I've tried many times to find a black theme and I have to say it's very difficult to get a site looking good in black without a lot of controls. The biggest problem is graphics. Most by default use a light coloured background and so look dreadful when they are place on a dark background. Trust me I've had many attempts and only managed to get it right on a few sites and only those where I have total control over what is posted. When dark themes aren't done right they look very amateurish very quickly. It's amazing what just pepping up some key graphics can achieve.
kelvink

Postby lankyjames » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:40 am

kelvink wrote:
lankyjames wrote:It's changed back now to have 2 options, my mistake!

Thanks James :-) I do think the Default needs to remain the same though as there's going to be a fair few people who will get lost.

Re different styles. I've tried many times to find a black theme and I have to say it's very difficult to get a site looking good in black without a lot of controls. The biggest problem is graphics. Most by default use a light coloured background and so look dreadful when they are place on a dark background. Trust me I've had many attempts and only managed to get it right on a few sites and only those where I have total control over what is posted. When dark themes aren't done right they look very amateurish very quickly. It's amazing what just pepping up some key graphics can achieve.

I do agree that a white theme for websites is always the better option, failing to find a nice simple style for the forum at the moment so all opinions, ideas and suggestions are welcome.
lankyjames

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am

Cheers James I'm back online now I was lost without tapatalk
b1zbaz

Postby Geoff Butcher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Wot's a tapatalk? :?:
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat