Midas Cars Forum Changes

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Midas Cars Forum Changes

Postby manifold » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 pm

you will probably need to clear your cookies David.
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby lankyjames » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

David L wrote:I've started using the new link to access the forum, but what I find is that despite ticking the "keep me logged in" box, I'm having to log in on every separate visit. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Looking into this David, can't figure out why it's not storing cookies properly as I have the same issue!

Edit: Fixed :)
lankyjames

Postby DavidL » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 pm

lankyjames wrote:
David L wrote:I've started using the new link to access the forum, but what I find is that despite ticking the "keep me logged in" box, I'm having to log in on every separate visit. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Looking into this David, can't figure out why it's not storing cookies properly as I have the same issue!

Edit: Fixed :)

David, I've cleared my cookies, and now it works for me too. In addition, I now get email notifications of new comments on threads I've commented on, which is great! I was so used to not getting notifications that I'd resigned myself to that being a "feature" of the forum...
DavidL

Postby Stuart » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 pm

David L wrote:David, I've cleared my cookies, and now it works for me too. In addition, I now get email notifications of new comments on threads I've commented on, which is great! I was so used to not getting notifications that I'd resigned myself to that being a "feature" of the forum...

Me too David. Also check out the new board styles, my choice is Artodia black.
Stuart

Postby DavidL » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 pm

Stuart wrote:
David L wrote:David, I've cleared my cookies, and now it works for me too. In addition, I now get email notifications of new comments on threads I've commented on, which is great! I was so used to not getting notifications that I'd resigned myself to that being a "feature" of the forum...

Oh, that's nice. I'll have to give them all a try, but it's good to have a choice. 8-)
DavidL

Postby manifold » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 pm

There's been a few improvements to phpbb both cosmetic and under the hood.

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Postby lankyjames » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

David L wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Oh, that's nice. I'll have to give them all a try, but it's good to have a choice. 8-)

I am going to try and make a style that's similar to the MOC website in colours, but as the forums are not owned by the MOC this will not be a mandatory style, just an option and it gives me something to do :)
lankyjames

Postby manifold » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Only problem with multiple styles is that you end up having to mod multiple style sheets if you use plugins.

manifold

Postby DavidL » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Another improvement I've just found is an improved search facility. Two days ago, I tried searcchign on "megasquirt" and I couldn't - it said the term was too common (I think). Just tried it again and it works now.

I like this new version. ;)
DavidL

Postby lankyjames » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Stuart wrote:

I have now changed the logo on Art Black, fits in a bit nicer now :)

David L wrote:Another improvement I've just found is an improved search facility. Two days ago, I tried searcchign on "megasquirt" and I couldn't - it said the term was too common (I think). Just tried it again and it works now.

I like this new version. ;)

Glad to hear it :)
lankyjames

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat