Midas Cars Forum Changes

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Midas Cars Forum Changes

Postby apbellamy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm

I really like the black.
apbellamy

Postby DavidL » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:Wot's a tapatalk? :?:

I think it's something like a internet, only smaller...
DavidL

Postby b1zbaz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:08 pm

It's an app for smartphones you can put all your forums on there and upload pictures straight from your photos on your phone or take one there an then its great you can also post on the forum and start new topics pretty much everything you can do on the web in one small handy app and its only 69p
b1zbaz

Postby lankyjames » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Geoff Butcher wrote:Wot's a tapatalk? :?:

An app for Android of IOS (iPhone) devices, it's free and allows a very easy way to view the forum, rather than going through a mobile version of the site. I heartily recommend it!
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 am

Unless I log into the Forum every time (which I only do when I post something to it as I access the forum from several machines) the black theme is what appears. I think the default needs to be the white theme.
kelvink

Postby lankyjames » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 am

kelvink wrote:Unless I log into the Forum every time (which I only do when I post something to it as I access the forum from several machines) the black theme is what appears. I think the default needs to be the white theme.

Weird, it was reverted back to the default style, but it didn't move users over to it from the black, I have deactivated /reactivated the black theme to drop its default status - which means for those using the black theme you will need to re-select it in your User Control Panel
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 am

Usually options are ordered alphabetically so that's likely how the default changed to black.

There's stacks of different themes available but here's one which might be a subtle improvement if you want to personalise the forum to make it a bit more Midas. Pop in a few Midas related pics and hey presto a custom forum.... https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/ks_serious/

Oh, on the topic of forum tweaking. Could we have hyperlinks to external websites open up in a new tab/window Just a suggestion as it's always best to have the site from which you originated stay put rather than vanish. It's just a thing I tend to do with most of my websites and users don't lose the original pages they were surfing.
kelvink

Postby Stuart » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:16 am

White websites are like sitting in the living room with all the lights on. I find darker themes much more relaxing and calming. Having said that it would be boring if we all liked the same things.
Stuart

Postby lankyjames » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Stuart wrote:White websites are like sitting in the living room with all the lights on. I find darker themes much more relaxing and calming. Having said that it would be boring if we all liked the same things.

I understand both sides of the argument, and I've never personally made a black website work well / look nice, but I really like this dark style for the forum, especially now with the top graphic.
lankyjames

Postby kelvink » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

I thought some of you out there might be interested in a free Android app for viewong the forum on your Android phone or tablet.

I have been looking around for an alternative to Tapatalk as I'm a bit of a fan of open source and free software. (Not the free as in bloatware filled with adverts to sell you all kinds of unwanted junk) I seem to have found a pretty good app which is working nicely on my Nexus7

If you pop over to the Android Play Store and do a search for 'ForumTouch' you'll get yourself a pretty good free forum reader that you can use to read lots of you favourite forums from one neat and tidy App. The only downer on this app that I've found is that there's no spell checker incorporated and there's no built in photo uploading facility but I am sure they will follow sometime.

It's pretty good and it's free :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 Using ForumTouch for Android
kelvink

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat