Insurance

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Insurance

Postby lankyjames » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 pm

kelvink wrote:
b1zbaz wrote:I pay 680 quid for mine with 3000 miles a year restriction through aidrian flux

On account that you're the only one who can stop the engine? Or am I getting mixed up here with who's car is who's ?

Kelvin that's my car that 'overruns' haha.
lankyjames

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm

I tried them for my normal car. Two slightly different quotes both with alloy wheels fitted gave me a no quote with the promise of a follow up. After no response to the quotes and two reminder emails I tried ringing. I was left on hold for about 10 minutes then cut off.

I knocked the alloy wheels off another online quote and got quoted about £190 more than my best quote.

Perhaps I'll give them another try if I get a Midas going, but then again I'm perhaps better off looking elsewhere.
Stuart

Postby Rich » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:55 pm

I've been paying around £150 to insure mine for 5000 miles, fully comp with an agreed value of £3000. Mods/Alloys not a problem, just add them to the modifications list.

Sureterm Insurance.
Rich

Postby lankyjames » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 am

Rich wrote:I've been paying around £150 to insure mine for 5000 miles, fully comp with an agreed value of £3000. Mods/Alloys not a problem, just add them to the modifications list.

Sureterm Insurance.

Just had my sureterm renewal through, from £280 down to £200 this year. Which for my age is ridiculous and my friends don't believe!
As my girlfriend says its probably about right for the amount its working / on the road lol.
lankyjames

Postby Rich » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

lankyjames wrote:
Rich wrote:I've been paying around £150 to insure mine for 5000 miles, fully comp with an agreed value of £3000. Mods/Alloys not a problem, just add them to the modifications list.

Sureterm Insurance.

Just had my sureterm renewal through, from £280 down to £200 this year. Which for my age is ridiculous and my friends don't believe!
As my girlfriend says its probably about right for the amount its working / on the road lol.

If I'd paid for working time on mine this last 12 months I'd be into it for about £15 so far.
Rich

Previous

Return to General Chat